Saturday, October 8, 2016

The one with the one and a half cake

Have you ever been called a tube light by your friends and not know what made them call you that? Or got them laughing on something you said in all seriousness which you didn’t even see being funny at all in your head? Well hi there, I’m one of you. Let’s all get along.
Graduation makes you lose some people and sometimes it does the opposite as well, that is bring some people closer than they were before you graduated. Sidd is one of those people who weirdly enough stayed more in touch with me than any other person I hung out with in the college days. Both of us being big time foodies, photography lovers and preparing for an international English exam, we end up time passing and having long senseless conversations as anyone can expect from active test takers. You can even see that my Instagram feed is more like a proof that we do nothing but play around with words.




So one fine day, while talking crap and all other stuff, we ended up talking about my birthday last year and how I had lots of cake at my disposal. 
Yes that is my rare happy face

One thing lead to another and as I was explaining the cake situation I ended up saying, “I had two cakes that day from friends who came over and mom baked me one and a half cake, so I had a lot of cake to eat”. Yes you read that right “one and a half cake”. Now for me it is not funny because it was one and a half cake indeed. Now you would ask how one would bake one and a half cake, well my answer to that is, you bake one full cake and a small little one that is almost half the size of the previous one, giving you one and a half cake. Upon my explanation, he burst out laughing, like I had made the joke of the century. And I was dumb found that, what did I just say? I wasn’t making a joke or anything, but he still ended up laughing like a Christmas tree being lit up.


It turns out, that being a clueless simpleton might just sometimes make you funny weather you know it or not. So to my hopeless, clueless tube light family out there, live in your weirdness and wear it with pride, after all who doesn’t like making other people laugh intentionally or just with something you randomly say about cakes being baked as fractions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment